Capacity Generation & Training
Data from the Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health shows the numbers of research trainees in the vascular field have been steadily declining in recent years. To address this concern and ensure a continued pool of top researchers in the area of vascular health, the Vascular Network will aim not only to encourage new researchers to enter this field but also to ensure they are adequately supported and motivated to be able to make long-term contributions.
The Vascular Network offers an ideal opportunity for young researchers by providing networking and research collaboration opportunities with senior mentors. The Vascular Network and its partners will make a significant investment in Network Scholars, including graduate students, trainees, and young investigators. Funded individuals will work benefit from:
- Specific training programs focused on research in the area of vascular health
- The support of a Network Trainee Association
- Organized mentorship from Network Investigators
- Annual “Research Boot Camp” for young investigators
- Network-led workshops, seminars, and conferences
- A focus on knowledge translation goals and strategies in the area of vascular health
Current and prospective students and new investigators interested in becoming involved in Vascular Network projects should check out Current Scholar Funding opportunities and/or email email@example.com for more information.